The New Normal In CARING FOR YOU
- Medical-Grade Sanitizing – We’ve invested in hospital-grade hydrogen peroxide fogging to kill germs in the air and on every surface.
- Social Distancing – We are limiting the number of people in the building. We will not be operating all six chairs at one time.
- Masks – All staff are required to wear masks. We request that you wear a mask to your appointment; we will be happy to provide you with one if needed.
- Touchless Greetings & Goodbyes – We will not be shaking hands or hugging at this time, but please know how much our team appreciates your support and loyalty.
- No Beverages – We will only be offering bottled water; you are free to bring your own beverage.
- Limited Items & Guests – Please do not arrive early for your appointment. Limit belongings to your phone and forms of payment (rather than your handbag). Please, no guests or children at your appointment.
Standard Operating Procedures
Because of our thorough consultation process, there are no refunds of services for any reason. Upon checkout, we do highly recommend pre-booking your next appointment to ensure a convenient time.
If running a little late, please understand that every effort will be made to still deliver the service. However, appointments may have to be rescheduled. We request at least a 24-hour notice in the event of a cancellation, as we may be able to accommodate another guest.
All services begin with a thorough consultation—the most important part of the experience. We make every effort to listen and discuss exactly what our guests are expecting. As wishes are discussed, we ask our guests to voice any issues, concerns, allergies or medical conditions—we’re here for you and want you to be 100% satisfied. Our service providers will also offer product recommendations, as well as discuss routine maintenance. Before the service is performed, stylists will discuss the process as well as the products that will be used. We will do our best to give accurate pricing and timing predictions on color changes and corrections. Please understand some service requests will take multiple visits.
Concerning purchases, we will gladly exchange an unused Aveda product that was purchased in our salon for another product, though promotional pricing will not be extended.
To ensure the safety of our guests/staff, and to allow us to give each guest our undivided attention, only the person receiving the service is permitted on the styling floor. All other guests are asked to wait in the reception area, as required by our insurance provider. Children are not allowed in the spa or nail area at any time and must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Cell Phones and Electronic Devices:
We kindly request that phones be silenced, set to vibrate or be turned off to ensure that all our guests receive the relaxing experience we strive to provide. Two-way communication devices are also requested to be in ‘Off’ mode.
Miscellaneous and Payments:
Salon and Spa on Railroad is not responsible for lost or stolen items or items left behind. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, personal checks and cash are all accepted methods of payment. $25 will be charged for all checks returned for non-sufficient funds.